Blackjack is a game where player decisions directly affect the results. To take, stop, double the initial rate, divide, or even surrender – all this and much more can be applied with advantage, having thepreviously planned strategy in service. A distinctive feature of blackjack strategies is that they are not based on assumptions, but are developed based on the results of mathematical calculations.
The first step towards learning blackjack is to learn the basic strategy. The main advantage of applying the basic strategy is to reduce the percentage of casino revenue to 0.5% or even lower. Such indicatorscan be achieved taking into account some tips and recommendations, such as the number of card decks, special rules, etc. Basic strategy blackjack allows any player to play at the highest possible odds to get a stable win.
Soft Hand Tips
A soft hand in blackjack is a combination in which an ace is present and takes the value 11. For example, a pair from Six and Ace will be called soft and equal to 17 points (soft 17).
Playing soft positions:
- To take a card on soft 17 such a hand consists of A + 6 and must always be replenished with a card, because it is guaranteed to increase the total value.
- If the hand is with a lower value than 17, it is also worth getting an additional card. Such actions are necessary in order to level the advantage of the dealer, which is the next move.
- When a hand with a soft 18 is formed, the player’s preferred action will be doubling, but with the condition that the dealer’s card will be 8, 9 or 10. Basic blackjack strategy is the best option for players, which allows you to get the maximum chance of winning.
Steady Hand Tips
A solid hand is a blackjack hand in which an ace is either missing or equal to 1 point. For example, Dame and Seven is a solid hand for 17 points, as well as a hand with an Ace, Nine and Seven, which is a solid 17.
The following tips work great in difficult situations with hard hands, where the value of the points exceeds 12.
If the user’s hand is ranged from 12 to 16, and the dealer has a card priced from 2 to 6, the logical choice would be to stop. With such a low value, the dealer’s chances of losing due to busting will be quite large.
Having a hard hand in the range of 12 to 16, when the dealer has the first card 7 or higher, the correct action is to take a chance and take an additional card.
Always stop at tough 17. This rule works, because a combination of 17 is considered pretty close to 21 and often brings victory.
The art of doubling in blackjack
If, after receiving the cards, the player believes that he has an advantage over the dealer, he can double his bet. It should be remembered that after doubling it is possible to get no more than 1 card. There are also varieties in which doubling is allowed after separation (split), they are called DAS – Double After Split. Blackjack basic strategy card is based on statistics, which allows you to become a successful player.
The blackjack doubling option can be used very effectively, but to use it properly you need to clearly know the appropriate range of hands:
- Soft 13 or 15, dealer card 5 or 6;
- Soft 15 or 16, dealer card 4, 5 or 6;
- Soft 17 or 18, dealer card from 3 to 6;
- he value of the hand is 9, the dealer’s card is from 2 to 8;
- The hand value is 10, the dealer’s card is 9 or lower;
- The hand is 11 when the dealer has an ace or a 10-digit card.
Varieties and their influence on distances
With the development of gambling, more and more blackjack options are moving away from the classic payouts of 3 to 2 for the maximum Blackjack combination. New variants of the game tend to pay 6 to 5, but there are cases when the coefficients reach 7 to 5. The best example of such changes is Las Vegas casinos, where 10% of the card tables “21” pay less than the standard 3 to 2. Odds of winning blackjack with basic strategy increase significantly, which allows you to make a profit.
Many professionals are convinced that only options with a payout of 3 to 2 are worthy of being called blackjack, while the rest should be designated as “21”, including such popular types as Super Fun 21 and Spanish 21.