Stats state that Roulette odds depend not only on the sector you placed a bet on but the types of this table as well. Here, the casino’s profit is guaranteed by the Zero section (in some Australian and American casinos 00 or Double Zero is used). The wheel, or “spinner,” is divided into 37 cells, 36 of which contain numbers from 1 to 36, and the last one contains Zero (there are 38 cells in the USA, and in some Green Continent gambling institutions).
You can bet on specific numbers or groups of numbers or on “equal chances”: black-red and even-odd. The profit on numbers falling is much higher than when guessing color or parity.
If there were no Zero sectors, the probability of winning for a player who chose, for example, black, would be 18/36, or 50%, but due to the existence of one more cell, it is reduced to 18/37. In other words, the casino has an “additional” share of the chance of winning — 1/37, that is, 2.7%.
In the American variant, according to the Roulette table odds, it increases to 5.4%. When a gambler bets on a specific number, the casino also remains in profit, despite the fact that the gain seems to be generously paid at the rate of 35 to 1. The player’s chances of losing are 36 of 37, and the chances of winning are only 1 of 37. However, you can increase your odds to win.
Roulette odds and rules
In order to get better Roulette odds, you should understand the rules and know what types of bets exist. There are quite a few players who bet just on their lucky numbers. Other ones make their game more successful and exciting by applying various systems and strategies. To do this, you need to know how to bet correctly and what the chances of winning in certain combinations are.
There can be outside bets (on red, black, even, odd, columns) and inside ones — bets on numbers. For a successful game, it is important to consider the types of bets, the chances of winning and the number of bets.
The main types of bets
Roulette odds and payouts can be found in special tables.
As it was mentioned above, there are bets that are called inside and outside ones.
- 1 number bet. Here, Roulette odds of winning are close to 2.70%. The Payout size is 35 to 1.To place this bet you need to place a chip in the center of the selected number.
- Choose 2 numbers (Split Bet). The Payout size is 17 to 1 and the chance to win is 5.40%. Place a chip on the border of two selected numbers.
- Pick 3 numbers (Street). The Payout size is 11 to 1, and the chance to win is 8.10%. Place a chip on the edge of the selected row of three numbers.
- 4 numbers bet (4 Number, Corner). The Payout is 8 to 1. The winning chance is 10.80%. Here, you place a chip on the border of 4 selected numbers, namely, right in the center of 4 numbers.
- 6 numbers bet (Sixline, 6 Number, Block). Payout size is 5 to 1. Winning chance is 16.22%. Here, you place a chip on the edge of the field at the intersection of 2 rows of 3 numbers.
- Red or Black. Payout is 1 to 1. The winning chance increases to 48.65%. To place a bet you need to place the chip in the center of a red or black sector.
- Even or Odd. Payout is 1 to 1 with 48.65% winning chance. To bet you need to place the chip in the center of the Even or Odd cell.
- 1-18 or 19-36 (High /Low). Payout is 1 to 1. The chance of a win is 48.65%.
- Columns Bet — 12 numbers, 3 columns. Here, the Payout size is 2 to 1. The winning odds is 32.43%.
- Dozens Bet (12 numbers, 3 dozen total). Payout size is 2 to 1 with 32.43% winning chances.
Here, Roulette odds differ a lot.
To remember about all variants of bets and winnings after 38 rounds you should better have a table with this information in front of you when you gamble.